Monday, August 3, 2009

River Valley Cruisers, Newaygo, part two

This is the second post of the River Valley Cruiser's Car Show in Newaygo, Michigan. The trophies are lined up and ready to go. Mike's Show-N-Shine had left the show earlier, but came back for the presenting of the trophies. I will include a few of the winners at the end of the final post. Stay tuned.......

And now, presenting Mike's Show-N-Shine's pick for "Best of Show." Well, I really have no authority to present that award, and I am VERY prejudiced toward all Mustangs, but here is a story about a very special Mustang that chose to come out for its first showing after undergoing a complete concourse restoration.

This is a 1968 1/2 Ford Mustang Shelby CobraJet GT500 428 KR. One of only 900 made. This car is completely restored and shows like a 400 point car.

I first spoke to the family of the owner. They gave me lots of info about the car. I later actually met the owner who confirmed the information. Every nut and bolt is correct.

Not a scratch, dent, blemish of any kind. Looking at the license plate, I wonder if he has collector car insurance? Hmmmm. I hope he gets one of the fliers for Hagerty Classic Car Insurance!

The badging alone is spectacular! The car color is original to the Cobra as is everything else inside and outside the car.







If it hadn't been raining, I think I might have asked for a test ride. I could be like the "certified car nut" and have my mustache blow in the wind as we drive through the streets of Newaygo! Whoops, I slipped out of reality for a minute there.



The real thing! Imagine sitting behind the wheel of this kool ride.

This is the owner, Sam Mancha, from Comstock Park, Michigan. Sam, thanks so much for bringing your awesome car to the River Valley Cruiser's Car Show. And thanks for allowing Mike's Show-N-Shine to honor your car in my blog! Good job, my man! Hope to see you in some other upcoming shows.

It looks like I will have another 2 or more posts with the cars of River Valley Cruiser's Car Show.
I just took so many pictures! Please stop back and see more real soon. See you then.

Mike's Show-N-Shine loves comments. If you have one, please click on "comments" below. If you would like to be notified by email each time I post a new article, please check my sidebar and select the option you would like to use to receive it.